Living in Australia, a great outdoor living space is a must! However, it takes more than just BBQ and a patio these days to have a great alfresco area.
Many homeowners now see value in creating a great weatherproof structure complete with outdoor kitchen to make the most of our beautiful weather.
Top tips for creating the perfect alfresco area:
- Consider how you will use the space and WHO will be using the space. Will both adults and kids be using it? Will you generally be having large get togethers with 20 plus people or intimate family dinner parties?
- What do you want your space to contain? Do you need room for a large table to seat a lot of people? If so, make sure you consider the layout to ensure you can fit those large pieces of furniture or equipment.
- Think about weather factors, even here in Perth! Will you want to use the space all year around? If so, you may need to consider weatherproofing and heating options.
- Location, location, location! The best alfresco areas are usually an extension to the main home. However, also consider the way your area will be facing in terms of where the sun will be in the late afternoon and early evening when you might be using the space most and make allowances for shade or sun block out blinds if required.
- Consider the materials you are using. Not only should they work well within your overall existing house design, but make sure they are long lasting and weather proof. Stainless steel is of course the ideal option for benches, splash backs and appliances.
- Appliances and equipment – do you want an outdoor fridge, oven, BBQ, pizza oven, television screen or sink? The options are endless. Be clear though on what you want to include, as you need to ensure the location of each meets Australian Standards, which a good alfresco designer can help you with.
Once you have come up with your ideas for your new alfresco area, we would love to help you turn them into a great, long lasting design so you can enjoy your outdoor space all year around. Just contact us and see how we can help!